Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Populate forum_slug and topic_slug fields

• Hi! I’m a brand new bbpress user, and looking forward to getting better acquainted with all of you. However I do have an immediate issue on which I could use some advice.

I’ve made a conversion from vbulletin 3, via phpbb3, to bbpress 1.0.2. In the process, none of the slugs for the forums or topics fields were populated. Would any of you have a nice solution for that handy?

I’ve put this in the Installation topic, because bbpress isn’t broke. I believe this is more likely an artifact from the conversion. Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Regards,

Dan White

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Good Morning Dan,

It definately sounds like a conversion issue. It’s not one i’ve heard of before, but it shouldn’t be too hard to fix (though there is no existing pluign that I know of).

Baiscally you’re going to need a Title to Slug function, then iterate through every forum & topic and update the database accordingly

Basically, something like this:

$sql = "SELECT * from $bbdb->topics WHERE topic_slug ='' LIMIT 100";
    $rows = $bbdb->get_rows($sql);

foreach($rows as $row)
    {
    $topic_slug = bb_sanitize_with_dashes($row['topic_title'],200);
    $sql = "UPDATE $bbdb->topics SET topic_slug='". $topic_slug ."' WHERE topic_id=". $row['topic_id'] ." LIMIT 1; ";
    }

So i’ve not tested this code at all, just guessing at it really.

It should update 100 topics at one page load.

(I do this incase i made a horrible mistake)

Then do the same for bb_forum table.

Kev

Thanks Kev, that’s a big help. I understand everything in that bit of code except the line

“$topic_slug = bb_sanitize_with_dashes($row,200);”

Would you care to enlighten me on how that would add dashes? I was thinking that I’d have to parse the topic_title field with regexp somehow (not great at regexp yet, just learning)then create the string. Is that what this represents?

Regards,

Dan White

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The function itself adds the dashes and removes the blacklisted characters (or maybe allows only whitelisted characters).

http://phpxref.ftwr.co.uk/bbpress/nav.html?bb-includes/functions.bb-formatting.php.source.html#239

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar