Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin request: Read stats

• OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

On the forum page, where topics are listed, it would be good to have column for views/read stats…to show how many times the topic has been viewed/read.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

That would be nice, my concern would be the performance hit – though jjj would have better input on this.

kriskl
    Participant

@kriskl

there used to be the plugin to add this function, but it does not work in 2.2 bbpress anymore :((

it would be nice if the plugin was updated as this feature is very very useful

jezza101
    Participant

@jezza101

Just knocked up a little proof of concept and it seems to work well. I’m using the inbuilt WP post meta functionality to record a count that gets incremented each time the page is viewed.

As mentioned above, who knows if this would be a big performance hit and how it would work with cache plugins etc??

Anyway, I just need to display the counts somewhere and then I’ll pop the plugin into the repository. If it gets some traction we could look at making it better, although perhaps this is something that will be put into bbpress core at some point?

jezza101
    Participant

@jezza101

update: Submitted to the WP repository for approval, it’s here if anyone wants the zip. Note that this is a 1st release and whilst I have checked it works I have done limited “real world” testing. This will add a db read/write to each page load so that may have an impact – personally I think it’s unlikely on all but the bigger sites but who knows until tested.

download

jezza101
    Participant

@jezza101

OK, version 1 uploaded to official repository:

Get it here.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar