Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Plugin: Private Forums v 2.1

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • That is exactly what I was hoping for! Works great!

Thanks,

Trent

I actually have it working with the prefix, but when I switched it over to hide the forum and the posts in that forum, it didn’t work. Any ideas?

Trent

Alrighty, just to be a dumbarse, I’d love to use this plugin but I’ve NO idea how to do the “Upgrade the installation of bbPress to the latest version from the code repository” bit.

I’ve recently migrated from phpBB over to BBpress, with all my posts and topics thankfully intact… but I’ve some forums I need to hide.

Is there no way to hide forums based on the user level at all?

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

not in this version

im working on it..

So10, did you see my post (2 up from your last one)? :-)

Trent

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

yup i did.. im still trying to figure out what could go wrong.. can you reproduce it?

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

try clearing the cache and cookies..

How do you mean? If you go to http://forum.trentadams.ca there is a post Maguire’s Website 1/2 way down page. It is private. Right now, when you are logged out, it has (Private) around it. I will change it back to “don’t show it” and you will see it still there. Click on it, you get the error message.

Trent

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

that post what forum does that belong to? does that show up?

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

ok i think i know what the problem is.. you have a custom theme.. you dont have a ‘bb_head’ hook in that theme..

check header.php in the default theme..

That will be it. I will have to see what code you add to bb_head and manually put the php function I thinks!

Trent

so1o
    Participant

@so1o

the best option is to put the action hook in.. and the safest coz other plugins might also use that hook

drtech
    Participant

@drtech

I have posted this in two topics, forum-restriction and private-forums.

RSS will display the restricted information. The latest posts.

drtech
    Participant

@drtech

A friend who loves WordPress (www.jcbd.com). Gave me this to work with the plugin.

It goes in the rss2 file.

<description><?php

if ( strstr( get_topic_title(), ‘[Members Only]’) ) echo ‘[Text of this post available to logged-in members only.]’;

else post_text();

?></description>

To see this work go to http://koma-inu.org/bbpress/

Do not log in.
Firefox or Safari sould get the same results.

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

I installed the Restrict Registration for bbPress plugin. Every time I make a change to restrictions in the admin panel, all my Private Forums are reset to “Open to All.”

Plugin: Restrict registration for bbPress

Not sure where the problem lies (I assume with the restriction plugin), but thought I’d post it here just in case. :)

Think those 2 plugins use the same “values” in the forms. …. no, value is the wrong word, they use the same names in the code (ok sounds vague I know :)) or the forms have the same name.

You could check this in the code and if this is the case rename the doubles in 1 form…

_Null

This was a problem people observed but could never identify root cause. It would seem that whatever this plugin is doing is reproducing a more generalized problem.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar