Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

plugin idea: “moderator chosen front-page topics”

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I wanted to see if there is any interest in this plugin idea before I start coding it. I may just make it part of the “My Views” plugin.

Many (busy) forums have the smart idea of a front page that consists of moderator promoted threads (topics) instead of just the “latest discussions”. But of course some will prefer just the automated “latest discussions” if they don’t have enough moderators or the traffic to maintain a hand selected list.

So I could make a plugin that let’s moderators promote a topic to the front page. And then in your template you could replace or suppliment the “latest discussions” with the list. Then “latest discussions” would just become an optional view in the views list.

Anyone interested?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hey CK, I’m very much interested in this plugin. Also, it’d be great if you can get it to work with WordPress. So, that you can have the ability to promote a forum topic to a show up in a WordPress loop.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Did you ever make this plug-in? It’s a great idea and basically acts as an announcement or featured topics plug-in.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Haven’t made it yet, still pondering the best way to do it (I tend to think about the more complex ones for awhile).

Wow this topic was from last year? I must be slacking. I know I posted another message about it a week or two ago somewhere around here.

Currently working on Super-Search which is badly needed.

ps. ah here’s my more recent comments on this idea: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/to-bbpress-or-to-wordpress#post-21148

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar