Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

PHPBB3 Converstion

• vanoosterhout

@vanoosterhout

We are excited about the possibility of converting from PHPBB3 to BBPress. However all the discussions about conversion seem to surround previous versions of PHPBB. Am I missing an appropriate thread? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Does anyone know if somebody may be working on this?

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Is there an ETA on the converter?

I am also curious as to when a converter would be available. The only thing holding me back from switching to bbPress is the lack of an easy way to import a phpBB3 database into a bbPress installation.

i used phpbb for like 5 years now, it’s a great forum software, but i have to say that i admire the simple/plain approach of bbpress.

so, am working on a phpbb3 -> bbpress converter. so far i figured all i need to convert forums, topics, posts, user info. i only have a problem moving user passwords, so does anybody know of a way of importing user passwords from phpbb3 to bbpress ? the problem is that phpbb3 doesn’t use plain md5 anymore, and i don’t know exact details about the new hashing method.

am thinking about importing all users without passwords- or even with unified password, then generate new passwords for them all through bbpress admin panel and send it to their emails, but if i can import passwords it would be far better.

anybody interested in helping me ?

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar