Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Permalinks

• daniel8802

@daniel8802

Hi guys –

What is the section of code that I need to past into my .htaccess if my webserver cannot support +multiviews? I tried saving the whole file as .htaccess, but it didn’t work. Any ideas would be great, thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

<ifmodule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /forum/

RewriteRule ^forum/([0-9]+)/page/([0-9]+)$ /forum/forum.php?id=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^forum/([0-9]+)$ /forum/forum.php?id=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^topic/([0-9]+)/page/([0-9]+)$ /forum/topic.php?id=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^topic/([0-9]+)$ /forum/topic.php?id=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^tags/(.+)/page/([0-9]+)$ /forum/tags.php?tag=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^tags/(.+)/?$ /forum/tags.php?tag=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^tags/?$ /forum/tags.php [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^profile/([0-9]+)/page/([0-9]+)$ /forum/profile.php?id=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^profile/([0-9]+)/([a-z]+)$ /forum/profile.php?id=$1&tab=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^profile/([0-9]+)/([a-z]+)/page/([0-9]+)$ /forum/profile.php?id=$1&tab=$2&page=$3 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^profile/([0-9]+)$ /forum/profile.php?id=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^view/([a-z-]+)/page/([0-9]+)$ /forum/view.php?view=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^view/([a-z-]+)$ /forum/view.php?view=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/$ /forum/rss.php [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/forum/([0-9]+)$ /forum/rss.php?forum=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/topic/([0-9]+)$ /forum/rss.php?topic=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/tags/([a-z]+)$ /forum/rss.php?tag=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^rss/profile/([0-9]+)$ /forum/rss.php?profile=$1 [L,QSA]

</ifmodule>

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The above text should all be saved as a file called .htaccess in your forum root.

In the above example, the subfolder name is “forum” – you will need to edit that text is your bbPress install is in another location. Here for example it’s in a subfolder called “forums”. Change “forum” to your folder name and you should be good to go.

Good luck.

I’m using the private messaging plugin but now I have to add code to my .htaccess page. I’m stumped as to what to write because I don’t understand .htaccess. Could anyone translate this for me?

http://tapestry.suefeng.com/message?id=1

http://tapestry.suefeng.com/pm.php?new=1

The first link’s number changes for different messages. For example, the first message will have /message?id=1 and the second one will have /message?id=2.

The second link actually works fine…i guess it doesn’t need to be fixed but it’d be great if it could look differently.

Thanks for your time,

Sue

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar