Search
Bottom

Order forums display alphabetically

• dubbinz
    Participant

@dubbinz

bbpress Version 2.3.2
    wordpress Version 3.5.1
    Hi, I am looking for a way to order all forums (not topics) alphabetically. I read some posts here and they refer to a bbp-forum-template.php in the includes folder but this file is no longer inside this file. Can anybody tell me which file to edit and line number to do this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• dubbinz
    Participant

@dubbinz

nobody? Is it even possible?

fencer_x
    Participant

@fencer_x

It’s possible, and you probably could’ve found it with some searching, like I did: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-2-plugin-forum-order-doesnt-work-not-appearing-in-correct-order/#post-112828

The file that’s referenced isn’t in the same place anymore–I believe it’s in plugins/bbpress/includes/forums/template-tags.php these days.

Keep in mind it’ll get written over with the original code with each update, though.

dubbinz
    Participant

@dubbinz

Thanks, I did already look at that thread. It’s the thread where I found out about bbp-forum-template.php

I think I will create a child theme to fix any overwriting during updates. Thanks for your help.

dubbinz
    Participant

@dubbinz

Unfortunately this only orders the main forums listing by title. For instance if you click a category the forums listed under the category will not be ordered by title. I have just got dreamweaver though so running a search in the plugin folder should uncover other places to edit, although I imagine the sheer amount of ‘orderby’ in this folder will be immense so I will just have to do some trial and error to work my way through.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar