No Forum link in Header
I used these instructions ( http://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/installing-group-and-sitewide-forums/#c-set-up-sitewide-forums-only ) to try to install bbPress. Site is two days old, so all software and plugins are new (and I’ve only added BP and bbP).
The forums work, but I can’t get a link to show in the header:
I’ve tried many things, including:
– Reinstalling bbPress several times
– Deactivating bbPress so the Directories link to connect “Discussion Forums” and the Forums Page can be set, then reactivating bbPress.
– Keeping or deleting the Forums Page (having it exist prevents forum from working)
– Kludging, by manually creating a page with a different url (/discuss) which forwards to /forums with the url redirection meta tag.
– Reading and re-reading the afforementioned instructions, some parts of which don’t make sense to me. e.g.: “Since you are setting up Sitewide Forums only, a) Disable (uncheck) Discussion Forums in the Settings > BuddyPress > Components panel”
So far the ugly kludge is the only thing that provided both a link in the header and a successful load of the /forums page.
- This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by trlyons.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.