Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

New bbPress clone built in Pods CMS Framework for WP

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• r-a-y
    Participant

@r-a-y

This is mighty interesting!

If you can build vBulletinesque features into your bbPress-Pods clone, you’ll get a mass following!

r-a-y,

Thanks for your interest in the project! It’s definitely heading in that direction :-)

bbPress is going to be developed as a WordPress plugin now.

r-a-y
    Participant

@r-a-y

Yeah, I know, but it’s good to have alternatives!

Scott Kingsley Clark
    Participant

@sc0ttkclark

Finally done with it, took a little bit because I got very busy with client work. You can check it out at:

http://podscms.org/packages/bbforums/

nickaster

@nickaster

Here’s a crazy question. Whatever bbpress evolves into, will migration to something new, like what you’re building, be a crazy nightmare?

Scott Kingsley Clark
    Participant

@sc0ttkclark

I’m building a migration script that does migration automatically. As for what bbPress itself evolves into, I’m not sure if it will get easier or more difficult, but I plan on accommodating a reasonable amount of trouble ;)

copperblade
    Participant

@copperblade

I don’t know much about Pods, but how does this handle things like wordpress-bbpress integration? Is there user integration?

Scott Kingsley Clark
    Participant

@sc0ttkclark

There is no separation between WP users and users in Pods. Pods is a plugin built ontop of the WP framework. It creates custom tables which are scuplted to fit the exact specifications of the content developed with Pods.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar