Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Network Publisher Problem

• I have just created a bbpress forum using the bbpress plugin. I also use the Network Publisher plugin. This plugin posts to twitter and facebook whenever a new post on my website happens. The problem is that it also posts when a post on my bbpress forum happens. Is there a way to make it where it doesn’t act like a normal post or does anyone know if there is a different plugin I can use that doesn’t automatically post and requires you to manually add the option on each post? I just don’t want my website’s twitter and facebook post every time a bbpress topic is posted. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sounds like problem with the Network Publisher plugin.

They should be checking the post type before sending out notifications (eg is it a post, page, forum reply). Most plugins with similar functionality do this, that way other custom post types don’t interfere.

I’m not familiar with the plugin, so I can’t say for sure, but I would ask them and see what they say.

I have sent them an email, but no response. Was hopefully looking for a suggestion for a plugin that plays nice with BBpress.

Unfortunately I don’t have one.

Judging by all the problems listed on https://wordpress.org/tags/network-publisher?forum_id=10 I would say this plugin is not coded well or up to standards. In fact I would avoid using it all together.

If you find a plugin that is done properly it should likely work with out any issues.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar