Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Manually add avatar

• Hi,

I had a long way to go, I migrated my forum from smf > phpbb3 > bbpress, and so far I’m very happy with it.

One of the problems I’m trying to solve is the avatar problem. Is there a way to manually upload my users avatar and activate it for them? (their avatar didn’t migrate, although avatar is working now, if you upload it again, but my users need to upload it again, I want to save them that trouble)

Thank you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Yes, you can do this with certain avatar plugins.

There are several avatar plugins that I’m aware of – which one do you want to use?

https://bbpress.org/plugins/tags/avatar

I use Avatar Upload… it lets you upload avatars for users if you’re an admin. It’s a little tricky to setup though…

Hi,

Thanks a lot, I already have this plugin, and didn’t realized it had this feature.

I’m gonna try to find out how this affects the database, I might post later how to upload avatars via ftp and get it to work. Currently I see no other way then uploading one by one for my users.

You could deputize some users to have moderator privileges and let them help out?

Great idea.

I have the same problem but now im currently redirecting my users to use gravatar instead. But its quite hassle as they need to signup for gravatar account if they don’t have one.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar