lost bbPress user roles, all set to inactive
I’m running bbpress 1.0.2 and had it successfully integrated with WP 3.0.1. WP is on the subdomain http://wisdom.theheartsvoice.com/ and bbPress is in a folder on that subdomain /forum/. They are sharing a SQL database.
I have the bbPress integration plugin installed in WP and all the secret keys are copied over from wp-config.
I had mapped the user roles successfully and all my users (only 11) had registered on WP as subscribers and were successfully being added as members in bbPress as soon as they logged in there.
In order to create both a private site and forum, I had installed the “registered users only” plugin on WP which is still working fine. And then to make the forum private I installed the “zaerl visibility” plugin, and set it up so that “inactive” and “blocked” users can’t see any of the forums. The roles ‘member’ ‘administrator’ and ‘keymaster’ all had full visibility.
This all worked brilliantly for at least 6 days and there have been no changes that I know of to anything – no one has permissions on my admin, etc but me.
Tonight, I tried to log into the forum and discovered that I’m not getting an admin link anymore and I’m unable to reply to anything or start topics. Then I realized that me and all the other users have been set to “inactive”. They are all still showing as “subscribers” in WP.
However, as an inactive user now I shouldn’t be able to see any of the forums and all of them are fully visible. So I’m suspecting the zaerl plug-in as the cause.
I’ve reviewed most of the threads on this topic here and haven’t found anything that applies.
– clearing my cache and my cookies.
– created a new admin user in WP and clicked over to the forum, hoping the role would automatically be translated into keymaster there. No. (And when I checked the wp_usermeta table there had been no new line of code added on login to assign a role for that user_id, so I suspect the role mapping has stopped working completely.)
– logged in directly to the forum with both admin accounts, no admin link appeared, no change in user status.
– I deleted the line in my bb_meta table that set the values of zaerl-visibility and also the line that activated that plugin and then deleted the zaerl plugin file from the bbPress plugins directory (I’m not really a coder, so may be in WAY over my head trying to use phpMyAdmin!)
– I inserted a new line of code in my wp-usermeta table to reset my bb_capabilities to keymaster, by copying exactly what was set before to my user_id.
– I did that also for the second admin user I created.
None of these things has worked and since I can’t get into my admin I can’t reset any of the users from inactive to member and so my forum is essentially dead (and it’s week 1 of a 5 week class)
The WP and bbPress integration is still working fine and I’m still an admin on the WP side and when I get to the forum, I’m still logged in already, but I’m inactive.
How can I get back in and get the roles reset?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.