Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Login Username & password issue?

• worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Hello,

My bbPress and WordPress Admin username and password is the same for both databases: bbPress was integrated into WordPress MySQL tables during installation and configuration. Consequently, bbPress and WordPress seems to share the same cookies reason when I logged into one as Admin, I’m logged into the other as Admin; the same is true when I’m logout out.

The same is not true, as the above, with a new member registration within bbPress or WordPress. When I’m registered as a new member into one, I’m not registered into the other: the new bbPress registered member is not automatically registered into WordPress and vice versa.

How can I resolve? Thanks for your support.

The WordPress in question: http://www.patrimoineacadien.com

bbPress: http://www.patrimoineacadien.com/bbpress/

bbpress-integration.php and display-name.php are installed and configured.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mine just works with the bbpress-integration.php plugin. Does you login move over? What I mean is login in WordPress and move over to bbPress and remain logged in as the user you just logged in WordPress as?

Trent

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Yes.

Stupid question, so forgive me…..bbpress-integration.php plugin is installed in WordPress and not in bbPress?

Trent

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Tested by creating a new member within bbPress. Then, still login bbPress, I attempt to connect with WordPress, but I get the message «Session has expired». My username automatically fills in the login username space within WordPress. In addition, this new member is not listed under WordPress members.

Maybe ask the plugin author. Not sure.

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

I’m already using WordPress French 2.0.5

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Yes, I can confirm that my bbpress-integration.php and display-name.php plugins are installed in WordPress plugins folder and not in bbPress.

«… As for my bbPress and WordPress Admin username and password is the same for both databases: bbPress was integrated into WordPress MySQL tables during installation and configuration. Consequently, bbPress and WordPress seems to share the same cookies reason when I logged into one as Admin, I’m logged into the other as Admin; the same is true when I’m logout out… »

If my bbPress and WordPress seems to be using the same cookies, it’s because I change my bbPress Admin or Keymaster password to the exact/same WordPress existing password; reality check, the bbPress generated password at Installation will not work when trying to login WordPress.

I’m a newbie to all of this configuration.

bbpress-integration.php has been activated within WordPress plugin window/tab.

Thanks for your patience.

bbpress-integration.php should add a “bbPress” tab in your WordPress admin under the Plugins tab.

Go to the bbPress tab. Did you fill in your bbPress table prefix?

The way this all should work is:

A new user registers on bbPress. The first time that new user browses to WordPress, he or she is added to the member list (prior to then, that new user is listed under “No Role for this Blog”).

The same should hold if you swap “bbPress” and “WordPress” in the above paragraph.

What are your $bb->wp_home and $bb->wp_siteurl settings in bbPress’ config.php?

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Thanks for ready my posts mdawaffe,

«… bbpress-integration.php should add a “bbPress” tab in your WordPress admin under the Plugins tab… »

It’s there as describe.

«… Go to the bbPress tab. Did you fill in your bbPress table prefix?.. »

Under my WordPress MySQL tables, I find the WordPress and bbPress databases.

The way this all should work is:

«… A new user registers on bbPress. The first time that new user browses to WordPress, he or she is added to the member list (prior to then, that new user is listed under “No Role for this Blog”)… »

Understand.

«… The same should hold if you swap “bbPress” and “WordPress” in the above paragraph… »

Ok.

«… What are your $bb->wp_home and $bb->wp_siteurl settings in bbPress’ config.php?… »

It’s configured with http://patrimoineacadien.com for both; it’s taken from WordPress – Options->General:..

Thanks for your patience and support.

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

I have resolved my bbPress/WordPress user name and password issue! I was using the WP prefix found in «The name of the database» to configure «WordPress table prefix» in the bbPress config.php. While researching phpMyAdmin, I realize that _usermeta and _users were in double; one pair with _wp and one pair with prefix xxxxxxxx_.

define(‘BBDB_NAME’, ‘xxxxxxxx_xxxxx’); // The name of the database

$bb->wp_table_prefix = ‘wp_’; // WordPress table prefix. Example: ‘wp_’;

I’m learning by trial and error and mostly by your patience and support.

I’ve tested fully WordPress and bbPress integration; bbpress-integration.php is normal and working as expected.

While login as bbPress Admin, there’s no Admin panel available within bbPress, I assume that this is normal for reason all Admin work is done within WordPress. Am I right?

worrypascanada

@worrypascanada

Resolve and close post.

I just did a fresh bbPress installation. I now have full access to bbPress Admin area by keeping my WordPress username and password. My WordPress authors are now listed under bbPress Admin.

Wonderful! I’m a happy bbPress camper.

Thanks to everyone.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar