Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Login successful then 404

• whereiswill

@whereiswill

Might of been answered before but I cant seem to find it on the boards. I apologize if this is common, I might of not used the best wording.

I installed bbPress on a test wordpress running 3.2.1 (or most current). Installed just fine and I proceeded to test it from a users perspective. I added a login and register links and pages, work just fine. However when I login or register, the function will login or create a user but the new URL causes a 404.

I’m using XAMPP on my personal machine and the directory of my wordpress install is

localhost/wep/wordpress

That works just fine as it should. However the URL that returns on successful login or registration displays as :

localhost/wep/wordpress/wep/wordpress/login/

which obviously throws a 404 as it’s non existant.

I had a phpbb install in the wordpress folder before I installed bbPress and believe I might of changed the folder path on install. I tried deleting bbPress to reinstall but it just gives me an activate/deactivate/delete option.

I’m assuming there’s somewhere in the plugin I can change that root folder pathing or whatever configuration is causing this error but I’m unsure of what and where.

Any help is appreciated.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar