Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

layout problem, missing closing div tag?!

• Boris

@travel-junkie

hey,

i’m having a problem with integrating bbpress into my wordpress template. when you click on ‘add new’ on any forum page the layout looks fine, but when you click on ‘add new’ on the start page, then it messes up the layout. seems there is a stray closing div somewhere, which is only needed sometimes.

have a look here to see what i mean.

actually, if you scroll down i think you can see the same thing happening with the footer here

cheers, b

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Quick question, are you using the templates or are you using So10’s integration of WP theme fix? I might be able to help figure out first, but second would be tougher for me as I am not sure how it calls the WP themes…..

Trent

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I do not see an issue with the layout. Can you post a screenshot that shows the problem you are describing? Maybe I am missing something obvious.

We can’t see it without registering and logging in!

Trent

Boris

@travel-junkie

oh, sorry, didn’t think of that. so here is a screenshot of when it’s broken and this pic shows the correct layout.

bo

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You have an extra </div> before <div id="sidebar">. Remove that and I think it will be fine.

Boris

@travel-junkie

i tried that already, but the problem is that this </div> is needed. if i remove it, then it breaks the frontpage. look here.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It does fix the page where you “add new” though, right? So, what is different between the front page and the “add new” page? That’s where you’ll find your problem I think. Look at the modifications you made and find out what is different between the two pages (front page and add new page.)

It definitely does not belong there and is not needed on the “add new” page and it fixes the layout issue there. I did not try removing it from the front page.

Also, you can validate the xhtml which will point to some problems too. I use the Web Developer extension for Firefox, but you can manually validate your pages here too:

http://validator.w3.org/

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Could it be related to the extra closing </li> around line 181 in the rendered source of the front page? (I doubt it, but just taking another look.)

Boris

@travel-junkie

alright, thanks to all of you. figuered it out eventually. that extra </div> on the add new page was the closing div from <div id="discussions">, which is only shown on the frontpage. so i wrapped it like this:

<?php if ( $forums ) : ?>

</div>

<?php endif; ?>

and it solved the problem.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar