Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Layout and functionality Issues

• shortgigs
    Participant

@shortgigs

Hello guys, newbie but figuring out along the way on my own.

Just troubles with my forum on child theme (theme from themeforest using latest wordpress and bbforums) I am logged in as admin if that matters.

1. Add “edit profile” to a wordpress menu – Added the code to my functions.php file and appears in menu but when clicked it takes me to 404 error?

2. Simple adding a Login/Logout to the menu – when added to my functions.php file and saved, my site goes dead and gives me error on either one of these line

$url2=wp_logout_url($url) ;
            $loginlink = '<ul><li><a title='Logout' href="'.$url2.'">Logout</a></li></ul><pre>';
            }</pre>

I have to go through backend to remove code and site goes back to normal. Am I doing something wrong?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

@shortgigs

1. You should see what page it is trying to get to in the url bar as you click the menu item, come back with what this is.

2. I presume you have changed the url on line 8 to your site?

shortgigs
    Participant

@shortgigs

@robin-w

1. you’re genius; I get directed to http://www.mysite.com/forums/users/ADMINNAME/edit

Just realized that where ADMINNAME is, my admin name has a ‘@’ symbol in it – does this mean that it is causing the URL to fail if I have this symbol in the URL?

2. correct

Robin W

@robin-w

1. probably.

Try adding the middle line here, that should get the url to interpret the @ symbol

$user=$current_user->user_login ;
    $user= urlencode($user);
    $profilelink = '<li><a href="/forums/users/' . $user . '/edit">Edit Profile</a></li>';

2. What is the exact error it is giving you?

shortgigs
    Participant

@shortgigs

@robin-w

1. Still not working :/

2. I easily used another code that gave no issues ***I tried posting code but there are apostrophes that are messing up the code*** 🙁 sorry guys

shortgigs
    Participant

@shortgigs

Just got another code to work for #1 with another code via google search, can’t post either because code is not displaying correctly :/

Robin W

@robin-w

so are you fixed ?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar