Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Latest WordPress & bbPress in another language!

• c00l2sv

@c00l2sv

Currently i’m trying to develop something using wordpress & bbpress.

Everything flows pretty good when talking on functionality and the rest of features, but there is a problem.

Actually 2 problems. First I already posted here: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/867

And now the second one:

The final release has to be in another language but english. It’s true, I found no troubles translating bbpress in my language and the rest of updated wordpress. But after what I’ve integrated both of api’s: the wordpress and bbpress; this resulted in the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class streamreader in /var/www/pm/forum/bb-includes/streams.php on line 26

I suppose it’s because of the translations, cause when I did not defined BBLANG, everything worked well.

After a bit I thought, that a solution for my problem can be joining both of the bbpress and wordpress translation .mo’s and defining just WPLANG for my language settings. That worked, but I dont see this as a pretty simple and accessible solution for everybody!

I would be glad getting some help on that, If there is any other more easier solution, that would be cool.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Trent Adams

@trent

I am over my head when combining WP and bbPress functions and know next to nothing with Ajax. Hopefully mdawaffe (Michael) will see this post or head over to https://bbpress.org/about/development/ and see if you can contact him another way!

Trent

c00l2sv

@c00l2sv

Let us give him some more time…

“But after what I’ve integrated both of api’s: the wordpress and bbpress; this resulted in the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class streamreader in /var/www/pm/forum/bb-includes/streams.php on line 26″

-> same error here

For error: “Cannot redeclare class streamreader …”, read this…

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/111411?replies=9

hi, I have the same problem. Has anyone found a way to integrate and change the language without errors?

“hi, I have the same problem. Has anyone found a way to integrate and change the language without errors?”

I managed to translate a wp-bb integration but I don’t know if you are going to like my workaround;

1. edit bbpress config.php and in define language section point to your wp language file with this code; ‘ define(‘BBLANGDIR’, ‘wp-includes/languages/es_ES.mo’); ‘ (change es_ES.mo for the name of your language .mo file)

2. edit wp language .po file and insert there your bbpress .po file. In other words, copy/paste all bbpress entries at the end of wp .mo file

3. Open with poedit and try to save this modifed file. You’re going to have +-100 duplicated entries in an error log. Delete all duplicated entries, one by one, so you can save.

4. When you save with poedit you produce 2 files; .po file and a .mo file. This .mo file is the one you want. Now you have translated both; wp and bbpress with just one .mo file.

I do know that this workaround implies a lot of future problems and I don’t like it at all but I didn’t find any other way.

I hope someday bbpress will appear as a plugin for wordpress.

Hi Ganzua, Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. I believe, as you say, that it is not the best solution but, apparently, the only one at the moment (?).

I wonder how did other users managed to translate their integrated bbpress.

Thanks again!

diniscorreia
    Participant

@diniscorreia

Ah, great! I’ve been translating bbPress to portuguese to use on my WPMU+bbPress project and when I try to set the language I get the error as well….

Anyways, I guess I’ll have to try merging the two PO files.

@ganzua, I don’t think you really need to define BBLANGDIR – it works because you have already defined the .mo file in WP config file. You get the error *if* you try to define BBLANG. However, if you leave BBLANG as ”, you won’t get the error.

I actually haven’t tried yet, but I think it make sense.

Well, that was definitely the problem.

I have the bbpress directory in the wordpress directory, and had the language parameter set in both. I read your post above, set the lang in bbpress to ”, and viola! It worked immediately.

It took me forever to find this post, but I’m glad it was posted. I would have died of old age before I figured that out on my own.

Glad we could help somehow…

Good luck!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar