Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Keymaster account gone

• Hello, I tried integrating my website with BBpress today.

When I finaly completed the integration settings, I couldn’t log into my keymaster account on the forums anymore, it says the user doesn’t exist.

I reuploaded my old php config and bb config files from before the integration but it still doesn’t work.

Anyone know what to do?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• raving-drifter

@raving-drifter

@Rixos: Go to the database, find the “bb_meta” table, and kill the blog url, table prefix and blog ID. Then your bbPress will return unintegrated.

Hi everyone,

I have this problem, too. Not only keymaster but all user accounts in WP and bbPress can’t login to bbPress anymore after integrating user DB. Same symptom as Rixos’. My bbPress says the user does not exist while trying login with any user accounts.

I think my bbPress somehow just can’t find the WP user DB and is disconnected with the existing bbPress user DB. Therefore I can’t make any new registrations successful either after user DB integration.

Any idea to fix this problem? BTW, my WP 3 is MU enabled and runs BuddyPress plugin.

raving-drifter

@raving-drifter

@Rixos: Go to the database, find the “bb_meta” table, and kill the blog url, table prefix and blog ID. Then your bbPress will return unintegrated.

Hi everyone,

I have this problem, too. Not only keymaster but all user accounts in WP and bbPress can’t login to bbPress anymore after integrating user DB. Same symptom as Rixos’. My bbPress says the user does not exist while trying login with any user accounts.

I think my bbPress somehow just can’t find the WP user DB and is disconnected with the existing bbPress user DB. Therefore I can’t make any new registrations successful either after user DB integration.

Any idea to fix this problem? BTW, my WP 3 is MU enabled and runs BuddyPress plugin.

are WP and bbP in the same db?

what did you do to integrate them? you probably did something wrong due to which bbPress is not looking at the right place

are WP and bbP in the same db?

what did you do to integrate them? you probably did something wrong due to which bbPress is not looking at the right place

Hey guys thanks for all the help, but I won’t be needing any help on this topic anymore.

I decided wordpress was way to limiting for me to create the websites I want, so I am now taking courses to learn how to create sites with dreamweaver.

Thanks anyway

Hey guys thanks for all the help, but I won’t be needing any help on this topic anymore.

I decided wordpress was way to limiting for me to create the websites I want, so I am now taking courses to learn how to create sites with dreamweaver.

Thanks anyway

raving-drifter

@raving-drifter

@Ashfame: Thanks. Your reply reminded me to try installing bbPress with the WP’s DB, and then it works.

I thought WP and bbPress don’t have to share the same DB according to bbPress installer’s note and I’ve integrated WP and bbpress successfully in localhost with separate DB. However, I wasn’t realized that the webhosting company’s mySQL setting might be different from local.

Thanks again.

raving-drifter

@raving-drifter

@Ashfame: Thanks. Your reply reminded me to try installing bbPress with the WP’s DB, and then it works.

I thought WP and bbPress don’t have to share the same DB according to bbPress installer’s note and I’ve integrated WP and bbpress successfully in localhost with separate DB. However, I wasn’t realized that the webhosting company’s mySQL setting might be different from local.

Thanks again.

@Rixos

WordPress can do anything!

Dremweaver is a thing of past.

@Raving

You can setup that too but having them together is better

@Rixos

WordPress can do anything!

Dremweaver is a thing of past.

@Raving

You can setup that too but having them together is better

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar