Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Key Not Found error message on password reset

• I’ve got an error occurring when users click to get the email to reset their password. When they then click on the link in the email they sometimes get a page with a bbpress header which simply displays the message ‘Key Not Found’. It doesn’t appear that the link is breaking in the email – anyone have any ideas what could be causing this problem? thanks in advance for any help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Graeme

@agentmaximus

I just reset my password on this site and noticed that this message appeared as well. This must be a general problem.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What version are you using?

John Conners
    Participant

@johnconners

I’ve experienced this problem in 0.8.3.1. If you follow the password reset link you get emailed and then try to log in from that page you’ll get the key not found error. The reason is the ‘re’ value in the login form is getting set to that password reset link (bb-reset-password.php?key=xxxxxx) so when you log in bbPress bounces you back to that page (as it would do if you logged in from a specific topic) and now that the password has been reset, the key xxxxxx is no longer in the database and the ‘key not found’ error pops up.

The way I’ve worked around it is to do the following prior to calling login_form() on password-reset.php in my template:

<?php global $re; $re = bb_get_option(‘uri’); ?>

The trouble is that in the default template login_form() is in the header so you’ll need to set $re elsewhere or come up with another solution.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar