Search
Bottom

Just one more… release candidate 1.0-RC-3

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

See the blog post…

bbPress 1.0 Release Candidate 3

I hope everyone is able to give this a test run. There are some tricky caching changes which should radically improve performance for any site with more than a dozen users or topics.

Please report issues to Trac as a matter of urgency, as soon as the admin area is skinned, this will be 1.0 final.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • Thanks Chris. I’ll start from scratch again with that going in bb-config.php. I’m having so much fun. :)

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

Just upgraded from RC1. The admin panel is totally screwed up, like it’s not getting the full CSS file or something. The sidebar appears first, then the dashboard below it.

Otherwise, everything else is working fine.

citizenkeith – Dump your browser cache (browsers lurve to cache CSS). If it’s still all messed up, make sure you upgraded all the files in the bb-admin folders.

ups…

topic is hear,

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/rc3-slover-than-other-versions

please delete this topic.

I’m still getting this message whenever I post:

Your attempt to submit this post has failed.

Please try again.

I can log in as admin and access the panel. Can someone at least point me at what to look at please. Im proficient in php and mysql.

Arturo
    Participant

@arturo84

dthom you use the latest rc-3 version?

not sure how to submit a trac ticket… but this error showed up on a fresh install:

[You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘) /* WP_Users::append_meta */’ at line 1]

SELECT user_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM bb1_usermeta WHERE user_id IN () /* WP_Users::append_meta */

Caller: BB_Install->BB_Install, BB_Install->process_form, BB_Install->process_form_finalise_installation, bb_new_user, bb_get_user_by_nicename, WP_Users->get_user, WP_Users->append_meta

citizenkeith
    Participant

@citizenkeith

@Ipstenu Yup, it was just my browser cache. Doh!

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

@nuprn1

Are you integrating with WordPress there?

“I’m still getting this message whenever I post:

Your attempt to submit this post has failed.

Please try again.

I can log in as admin and access the panel. Can someone at least point me at what to look at please. Im proficient in php and mysql”

Yes, I upgraded to the latest version. Please tell me which file and while tables are involved so I can track it down.

@nuprn1

Are you integrating with WordPress there?

No, straight install on MySQL 5.0.67

I believe everything is working correctly, I can log in with the keymaster and setup forums and general settings.

Just updated to RC3 with WP2.8

• No more images… bbpress just eats the code. allow images plugin installed, and activated.

• bb latest discussions wordpress plugin now reports an error.

However, it looks like integration actually works (for the very first time ever!)

• bb latest discussions wordpress plugin now reports an error.

This was not actually true… Seems I only needed to remove the trailing slash on my bbpress URL and voila! It works fine.

• No more images… bbpress just eats the code. allow images plugin installed, and activated.

This, however, is still true. Has anyone else encountered this trouble?

Trying to determine if it’s a plugin in need of update, or if it’s an error on my part, or an actual issue in RC3

However, it looks like integration actually works (for the very first time ever!)

This remains true. So happy about that!

Hey everyone,

Testing out RC3, and it works in terms of bbPress/BuddyPress/WPMu 2.7.1 integration far better than RC2, which had me stumped. I do have one lingering issue with the integrated signon between WPMu and bbPress for anyone who might have a lead. When I login to either WPMu or bbPress it logs me into both applications, however, if I try and logout of bbPress when I originally logged in to WPMu, for example, it won’t log me out. I have to actually go and logout of WPMu to be logged out of bbPress. This was a similar/common issue in a version that was in the 0.7.x or 0.8.x series. And I have the sneaky suspicion there is something in my config files that is baling it. Anyone having a similar issue? Anyone know of a fix? Below are my config files for both wp and bbPress.

Right now I have this in my wp-config:

define( ‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ‘.umwblogs.org’ );

define( ‘SITECOOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );

define( ‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’ );

define( ‘COOKIEHASH’, ‘#################’ );

And this in my bb-config:

// WordPress cookie integration speedup

$bb->wp_siteurl = ‘http://umwblogs.org’;

$bb->wp_home = ‘http://umwblogs.org’;

$bb->cookiepath = ‘/’;

$bb->authcookie = ‘wordpress_###################’;

$bb->secure_auth_cookie = ‘wordpress_sec_###################’;

$bb->logged_in_cookie = ‘wordpress_logged_in_###################’;

$bb->admin_cookie_path = ‘/forums/bb-admin’;

$bb->core_plugins_cookie_path = ‘/forums/bb-plugins’;

$bb->user_plugins_cookie_path = ‘/forums/my-plugins’;

$bb->sitecookiepath = ‘/’;

$bb->wp_admin_cookie_path = ‘/wp-admin’;

$bb->wp_plugins_cookie_path = ‘/wp-content/plugins’;

// End integration speedups

define( ‘WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION’, 1 );

Disregard my last, very long plea, I actually figured my issue out. Given I have several mapped domains (and even mapped sites) I had to use the following Cookie settings:

wp-config:

define( ‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ” );

define( ‘COOKIEHASH’, ‘#######################’ );

bb-config:

define( ‘WP_AUTH_COOKIE_VERSION’, 1 );

define( ‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ” );

And that is now working like a champ across all domains. Anyone see an issue with this I may be overlooking?

I’m having some cookie issues. Please tell me what I’m doing wrong here. I’m using WP 2.8. I’ve set authkey stuff to be identical on both WP and BB.. What am I doing wrong? I felt really flustered earlier today for not seeing what I’m doing wrong.

[RESOLVED] I overlooked something. Thanks though!

• No more images… bbpress just eats the code. allow images plugin installed, and activated.

Trying to determine if it’s a plugin in need of update, or if it’s an error on my part, or an actual issue in RC3

Yep, I’m having the same issues since RC2, see this topic (starting bottom page 1):

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/final-release-candidate-10-rc-2-is-available

Did you try removing Page links for bbPress (1.0.4)? It’s included in the 1.0 series, so you shouldn’t need it.

RC3 works flawlessly on integration with WP2.8 on all my sites now. Great work Sam! As for images, I could never use them unless using both allow images and bbcode lite in combination (bbcode buttons helps here). I just tested it with RC3 and that combo still works just fine :)

peace~

God bless Ipstenu !!

Thanks to your bit of code I ended in integrating wp and bbpress something I failed from day 1..

Thanks a lot !!!

Luc

Tim Carr

@n7studios

Another heads up here to say no issues integrating WordPress 2.8 with bbPress 1.0 RC3, both on subdomains and www domain.

Installation process much clearer, and asks for the right info, meaning no need to edit config files after.

To anyone having issues with integration – as obvious as it sounds, clear all of your cookies once you’ve installed. I had a couple kicking around from bbPress 0.9, but once cleared and logged in on either the WordPress or bbPress side, everything was fine.

Trying to determine if it’s a plugin in need of update, or if it’s an error on my part, or an actual issue in RC3.

Ok, so I’ve just revisited the additional code issue for my forum and it is indeed the “Allow Images” Plugin that triggers this behaviour. Not only does it scramble your IMG codes, but all other codes as well. It didn’t do this up to RC1 though.

It’s working now for me and I used the chance to also upgrade my custom theme to Kakumei RC3 Standards which, yes, involved the deactivation of the external Page Links plugin.

Works good now.

I was about to say “I use Allow Images without any problem”, but when I went to look at my files, I found I have an allow-images.php and an allow-images.orig … Clearly I found shenanigans somewhere down the road.

Change this:

remove_filter( 'pre_post', 'bb_encode_bad' );
    add_filter( 'pre_post', 'allow_images_encode_bad', 9 );
    add_filter( 'pre_post', 'allow_images', 52 );
    add_filter( 'bb_allowed_tags', 'allow_images_allowed_tags' );

to this

// remove_filter( 'pre_post', 'encode_bad' );
    // add_filter( 'pre_post', 'allow_images_encode_bad', 9 );
    // add_filter( 'pre_post', 'allow_images', 52 );

And Allow Images should work.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ipstenu.

I think bbcode-lite has me covered for now, I dumped Allow Images altogether.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Ipstenu, what you have done is disable all the security entirely on the allow images plugin.

Kind of defeats the purpose of the plugin which could then be accomplished with just two lines.

function allow_images_allowed_tags( $tags ) {$tags['img'] = array('src' => array(), 'title' => array(), 'alt' => array()); return $tags;}

MDA really needs to update that one, it’s becoming ancient now.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar