Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Is this what my first page is supposed to look like?

• Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

Howdy, can someone please check out the first page of my bbPress forums and tell me if it’s supposed to look like this? I can certainly tweak it with CSS, but I need an example, so if someone could provide a link to what it’s supposed to look like that would be great! BTW, I don’t mean colors, which I’ve begun tweaking already, I’m referring to the layout.

I’m using:

WordPress Version: 3.4.2
    bbPress Version: 2.2.2
    Theme: Custom Community

Link to my bbPress test forums: http://themetest.halodiehards.org/hd-forums/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Shane Gowland
    Participant

@thewebatom

That’s not how it’s supposed to look.

The problem is; your bbp_forums <div> is wrapped with <pre></pre> tags which is completely breaking the layout.

I’ve made a side-by-side comparison of your site with & without the PRE tags. Click me.

Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

Interesting. Any idea how that happened?

I can easily get any file via ftp and edit it, put it back, but I’m fairly new to coding. Can you tell me where I would find bbp_forums? This is in an html file…?

Did you setup the home page of the forums using the short codes? If so, switch to the HTML view of your page editor and you will be able to see the PRE tags.

Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

Nope, I had tried that and something weird was happening, can’t remember what it was. But it seems to be auto generated, even putting itself in my menu bar after I’ve elected to put my own custom menu there.

Halo Diehard
    Participant

@halo-diehard

Well, I’ve created a page and am using the shortcode and it seems to bypass the issue. For anybody having this layout trouble, the shortcodes can be found here:

https://codex.bbpress.org/shortcodes/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar