Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration WP + bbPress + other application

• Catia Kitahara
    Participant

@catiakitahara

Hi guys,

I’ve got a wp blog and a bbpress forum which I want to integrate. I’ve upgraded the blog to WP2.5.1 and I’ll upgrade the forum to bbPress 0.9.0.2 and then I want to integrate both.

The thing is, my blog shares the wp_users table with another application and there are some extra fields on it for this application.

Is that ok to do the integration, won’t it mess up this table? Any recomendations before I do the integration?

Thanks in advance,

Cátia

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

As long as you have all the fields that should be there, the extra fields shouldn’t affect bbPress.

Make sure you setup a WordPress to bbPress role map in bbPress before you do the integration. That way your WordPress admins should be able to instantly login to bbPress as keymasters.

Keep in mind that if you have existing data in your bbPress tables, the user ID associations will be out of whack on posts and topics.

Catia Kitahara
    Participant

@catiakitahara

Thanks a lot, Sam,

Now, let me ask you something else, cause it’s not clear to me yet. Both the blog and the forum have been running in paralel for a while in the same domain, and pratically they share the same users. We didn’t integrated them before because we couldn’t make it work back then, so we decided to do it later. So both blog and bbPress tables have existing data. What will it happen to the users tables? They are going to be “merged”? I mean, most users have the same login for the blog and the forum. What will it happen to them? I think there might be a conflict. Will one of them be discarded? If so, which one? Should I check both tables prior the integration?

Thanks again.

Cátia

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Integrating won’t merge your user tables for you. De-duplicating that data is up to you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar