Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integration with WP

• Hello,

I’ve read the topics on this subject on the support pages, but they are about integrating the databases.

I have a WP weblog without user registration (I pubish, they read and comment, I validate)

I’d like to add to my site bbpress as some kind of support forum, so I’d like to intégrate it form a design point of view not from a database point of view (in fact I’d like to display bbpress inside WP, like a wp page or something like that).

Is there somewhere a tutorial bout that ?

Thanks in advance

Luc

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • When u load wordpress function inside bbpress. U already integrate both design point and database point. You only need to add WP template tags inside bbpress template.

Thanks guys !!!

Hello,

I have a problem with a non engluish install.

The lang variable is WPLANG both in WP and bbpress (https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/6?replies=29) so when the WP integration settings are set on in config.php, bbpress tranlastion doesn’t work anymore.

Any tip ?

Luc

Hello,

Another thing.

It would be great to have bbpress CSS (DIV and others) named bb_mydivname, because curently the naming sheme interferes a lot with WP one (for example both can have a <div="header"> )

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

A question for Atsutane or anyone else for that matter in the know!

You talked about the design being easy if a person loads the WordPress into BBPress. But what if I do the opposite, load BBPress into WordPress? Which is what I have done.

Is it easier or BETTER to integrate WordPress into BBPress, or BBPress into WordPress, both from a programming perspective and from a website design perspective?

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Actually, I just tried to login to BBPress, and there appears to be a circular matter with logging into the dashboard.

wp/bbpress/wp/bbpress/wp/

So I guess I will have to re-install everything, starting with BBPress, then loadingWordPress into it, instead of what I have now.

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

When I think of it, that makes total sense. WordPress was created before BBPress. So WordPress can’t “hold” BBPress. But BBPress has been programmed to “hold” WordPress.

I think someone was saying in another forum that WordPress is working towards “holding” BBPress.

none of the above helped with my situation. here’s my predicament:

i’ve got a full running WP. so i install bb in a directory inside WP’s means ROOT/ is WP and ROOT/bbpress is bb. bbpress worked fine when it was in it’s own database too. but when i edited the few lines… at the bottom of bbpress’ config.php, to direct to wordpress’ prefixes and urls (i also edited the top lines to direct to my wordpress database as well).

then it didn’t work… what went wrong>?

here’s a link to the thread i started abt it…

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/98

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Mistainu

What I wrote should have helped you. You are doing what I said you cannot do.

You CANNOT have BBPress inside WP. BBPress must be outside WP. Then you edit bbpress’ config.php to link to the WP directory. That is where the integration happens.

The other option that could work is that WP is a subdirectory of BBPress (being the root). But I haven’t tried that.

@kannued

Actually u can load bbpress into wordpress :) I have tried it and it work perfectly. https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/61?replies=3

kannued
    Participant

@kannued

Atsutane

While cruising other sectors of this forum, I’ve noticed that it is possible too.

This topic is considered “not a support question”. So I guess the keymasters are not watching the comments here, and so not correcting erroneous statements such as mine!

liyacaty
    Participant

@liyacaty

When u load wordpress function inside bbpress. U already integrate both design point and database point. You only need to add WP template tags inside bbpress template.and mostly use wp default functons.

Robin W

@robin-w

@liyacaty this and several other posts you have responded to are for version 1 of bbpress which was standalone. Posts over about 5 years are version 1, and not worth adding to

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar