Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integrating Brand New Forum and Blog

• Hi,

I have worked with wordpress for awhile and am pretty advanced with it. I am creating a new website, and would like to add a forum to it. This will be my first time working with the bbPress forum. I have looked around this forum for most of the day, trying to figure out the best way to start. Since I have not done anything yet, and will be integrating the forum with wordpress from the beginning, I am looking for suggestions, with links if you would like, on the quickest way to do this. Some specific questions are how do the templates compare to those for wordpress, do I use one of two databases? Anything else would be helpful!

Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Just download and start playing with it. Best way to learn about anything.

Structure is extremely similar to WordPress with improvements because bbPress doesn’t have to support the old legacy problems that WordPress has.

My first tip to anyone installing bbpress is

1. don’t call the folder bbPress, maybe call it forums (plural)

2. don’t install it directly under wordpress unless you really think that is more natural

suggested:

webroot

blog

forums

3. remember during integration you have to change your cookie path in wordpress and bbpress to the webroot, otherwise you’ll never get the cookies to integrate

Then follow the Integration 101 topic.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar