Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Integrating bbPress with Buddypress, then setting groups to create a forum

• Hi, I’m trying to integrate bbPress with Buddypress using the guide here: http://theeasybutton.com/blog/2009/07/17/integrating-buddypress-wordpress-mu-and-bbpress/

I have done this successfully on my localhost, but trying to do on on our host’s webspace is proving difficult.

The integration of cookies works fine, but when I add a group to Buddypress, where is should normally say:

“Enable discussion forum”

It says:

“Attention Site Admin: Group forums require the correct setup and configuration of a bbPress installation.”

This is the part where a forum should automatically be created for the group. The passwords match up, the only difference I can see is one is using localhost and the other is using external webspace. Our host don’t allow us to set a folder to have 777 file permissions, which I thought could be the problem?

My question is, does the bbpress folder need 777 permissions for it to integrate successfully this way, or should I be looking somewhere else for the problem?

Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Enable pingbacks and trackbacks on both WP and BB & XML-RPC publishing protocols. It’s in the WRITING & DISCUSSION in the admin section.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar