Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

integrated cookies failing on trunk

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I’ve got the newest bbpress and the newest WP setup and I managed to get them to share the same cookie name fairly easily.

However the cookie value changes between the two installs for reasons I cannot seem to figure out. One forces the other to logout because of this.

The cookie value seems to be made from the user name | expiration time | hash

Essentially the expiration and hash are changing and I don’t know why.

Logic tells me that the expiration is probably changing because of the hash changing? so why is the hash being calculated differently between the installs?

Does anyone else have the two trunks working together or am I the first guinea pig?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

correction: the cookie value is made from the user name | expiration time | key (where key is calculated from the username+expiration)

Essentially the expiration and therefore the key are changing and I don’t know why. The functions are based on time() so the timezone within bbpress vs wordpress should not matter. And the pluggable functions are identical between the programs.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

okay I found the cause but not the reason or solution.

this produces entirely different results in WP trunk vs BB trunk:

echo wp_hash("abc". "123")." - ". hash_hmac('md5', "abc" . "123", wp_hash("abc". "123"));

So each program cannot evaluate the other’s hash/key/hmac

Still researching. The salt is identical. This is perplexing.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

This was my fault apparently.

Somehow the pluggable.php within bbpress was built 1074 when it absolutely needs 1075 to have the new wp_salt function.

So future note for integration to others:

to use the new WordPress 2.4/2.5 trunk

you MUST use bbpress build 1075

build 1074 and build 1076 will not integrate properly as is

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar