Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installed, but can’t view posts

• fritton

@fritton

Hello,

It looks like I’ve successfully installed BBpress, but when visitors (or admin) click on a forum post from internet explorer, the page hangs and times out. The post is never displayed. The same thing happens when trying to create a new post.

Is there some firewall issue with my host? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Michael Adams (mdawaffe)
    Participant

@mdawaffe

What are your $bb->domain and $bb->path settings?

jessinsd

@jessinsd

I’m having the same problem.

Here are my details:

$bb->domain = ‘http://jessanastasia.com’;

$bb->path = ‘/forums/’;

Michael Adams (mdawaffe)
    Participant

@mdawaffe

Perhaps you have not yet set up Pretty permalinks.

jessinsd

@jessinsd

I have them set up.

Michael Adams (mdawaffe)
    Participant

@mdawaffe

jessind,

I tried your site in firefox and http://jessanastasia.com/forums/topic/1 gave a 404 not found reply (which was then caught by your WordPress for some reason and I ended up at your blog).

Which method did you use to set up permalinks? MultiViews or the rewrite stuff? Did you put the .htaccess file in the forums directory?

jessinsd

@jessinsd

yea. i put the .htaccess file in the forums directory. before i couldn’t get it to work with or without permalinks but now it magically works without. so everything seems to be good. i just don’t know why the permalinks wouldn’t work.

metavalent

@metavalent

mdawaffe asked:

Did you put the .htaccess file in the forums directory?

I guess I could have missed it, but I didn’t see anything talking about .htaccess during the basic install process. This looks like yet another item for the 1, 2, 3 Install List. I sooo appreciate the desire to keep this SIMPLE, SIMPLE, SIMPLE but if a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 process would actually cover everything, that would be effectively more simple than a three-stepper that leaves out just enough to throw folks a tiny bit off track. Just my 2 cents.

berberber

@berberber

Solution :

in includes/template-functions.php

replace

switch ( bb_find_filename($_SERVER) ) :

by

switch ( bb_find_filename($_SERVER) ) :

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar