Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installation throws errors

• Dear Developers, dear community

currently I am trying to set up the following combination: WordPress MU (2.7.1), Buddypress (tried both, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2) as well as bbpress (1.0-rc-3). My problem is the following error that appears on the “Installation success”-page:

Database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') /* WP_Users::append_meta */' at line 1]
    SELECT user_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_usermeta WHERE user_id IN () /* WP_Users::append_meta */
    Caller: BB_Install->BB_Install, BB_Install->process_form, BB_Install->process_form_finalise_installation, bb_get_user, WP_Users->get_user, WP_Users->append_meta

Database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') /* WP_Users::append_meta */' at line 1]
    SELECT user_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_usermeta WHERE user_id IN () /* WP_Users::append_meta */
    Caller: BB_Install->BB_Install, BB_Install->process_form, BB_Install->process_form_finalise_installation, bb_new_user, bb_get_user_by_nicename, WP_Users->get_user, WP_Users->append_meta

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [...] bbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.bpdb.php:569) in [...] bbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-core.php on line 1095

To track down the error I will try to explain my installation procedure – the starting point is a vanilla installation of WordPress MU 2.71 and Buddypress 1.0.2:

1) Put bbpress into the same directory as wp-admin, wp-content and wp-includes – basically (“/”)

2) Go to the installation routine on ./bbpress/bb-admin/install.php and start step 1

3) Enter the same database name, user and password as for the WordPress MU installation

4) “Show advanced settings” and set database character collation to “utf8_general_ci”

5) Save and go to step two

6) Add integration settings

7) Add cookie integration

8) Enter the URL of the page (Note: The description “This value should exactly match the WordPress address (URL) setting in your WordPress general settings.” is wrong, there is no such value under Admin Panel > Settings > General nor under Admin Panel > Buddypress > General settings

9) Have already tried both: Setting the page URL again as well as setting URL + “/bbpress/” (Note: Again the description “This value should exactly match the Blog address (URL) setting in your WordPress general settings.” does no match since there is no such value in the Admin Panel in General Settings

10) Copying all cookie keys from the wp-config.php

11) Add user database integration settings

12) Set MU primary blog id to: 1

13) Save and go to step three

14) Enter site name, enter side address as base URL + “/bbpress/”, enter keymaster and according email address as well as a title for the first board

15) Save and install

From here on I get the error message (white one white background), the installation routine shows a successful installation nonetheless. The protocol is:

Referrer is OK, beginning installation…
    >>> Setting up custom user table constants

Step 1 - Creating database tables
    >>> Modifying database: [...] (localhost)
    >>>>>> Table: bb_forums
    >>>>>>>>> Creating table
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Done
    >>>>>> Table: bb_meta
    >>>>>>>>> Creating table
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Done
    >>>>>> Table: bb_posts
    >>>>>>>>> Creating table
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Done
    >>>>>> Table: bb_terms
    >>>>>>>>> Creating table
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Done
    >>>>>> Table: bb_term_relationships
    >>>>>>>>> Creating table
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Done
    >>>>>> Table: bb_term_taxonomy
    >>>>>>>>> Creating table
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Done
    >>>>>> Table: bb_topics
    >>>>>>>>> Creating table
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Done

Step 2 - WordPress integration (optional)
    >>> WordPress address (URL): http://[...]/
    >>> Blog address (URL): http://[...]/
    >>> WordPress cookie keys set.
    >>> WordPress "auth" cookie salt set from input.
    >>> WordPress "secure auth" cookie salt set from input.
    >>> WordPress "logged in" cookie salt set from input.
    >>> User database table prefix: wp_

Step 3 - Site settings
    >>> Site name: [...]
    >>> Site address (URL): http://[...]/bbpress/
    >>> From email address: [...]
    >>> Key master created
    >>>>>> Username: forumadmin
    >>>>>> Email address: [...]
    >>>>>> Password: [...]
    >>> Description: Just another bbPress community
    >>> Forum name: General
    >>>>>> Topic: Your first topic
    >>>>>>>>> Post: First Post! w00t.
    >>> Making plugin directory at [...] bbpress/my-plugins/.
    >>> Making theme directory at [...] bbpress/my-templates/.
    >>> Key master email sent

Installation complete!

I mean the forum is working, but I fear still something might have gone wrong after the above error message. What do you think?

Kind regards

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar