Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installation problem with bbPress

• martinoshea

@martinoshea

Hello

I’m trying to install bbPress but every time I try am greeted by the message ‘Your PHP installation appears to be missing the specified MySQL extension (mysql) which is required for bbPress.’

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 and have PHP 5.2.44 and MySQL 5.o installed . Both these applications work in isolation of each other and I have tried to install the MySQL extensions for PHP.

To give more detail; I have file php_mysqli.dll (version 5.2.1.1) in the folder C:Program FilesExt, file libmysql.dll is in C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.0bin and this included in the Windows PATH.

I also have extension=php_mysqli.dll defined in section [MySQLi] of file C:Program Filesphp.ini.

Can you advise where my PC’s configuration is wrong, or if I need to carry out additional steps, because I would like to evaluate bbPress for use in a Java application I’m writing?

Thanks

Martin O’Shea.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

How about the php_mysql.dll, not just php_mysqli.dll? It seems to be saying it’s missing the mysql extension but you’ve posted only that you have enabled mysqli.

Also, be sure to restart the web server after making a configuration change.

martinoshea

@martinoshea

Thanks chrishajer.

That seems to have done the job and bbPress is now installed. But I do find that I am denied access to certain pages. I will see how this proceeds.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

OK, please let us know if you need more help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar