Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installation memory problem

• Dear All,

I’m making a first-time installation of bbPress-1.0.2.zip on localhost, following the instructions at http://bbpress.org/documentation/installation/

I unzipped to wwwrootbbpress, browsed to the installation script “Welcome to the bbPress installer”, created the MySQL database, and for simplicity, skipped WordPress integration.

However, at the final step “Site settings”, when I press the “Save site settings” & “Complete the installation” buttons, I receive the following error…

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in F:wwwrootbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.bp-sql-schema-parser.php on line 170

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

My server is WAMP5 on WinXP; it already serves up a WordPress blog (I’m in “learn about blogs & fora mode”).

Many thanks in advance :>)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • What is the memory_limit value you have set in your php.ini file? Most likely this value is too low. Try increasing this value and restart your web server.

Increased memory_limit in php.ini from 8Mb to 16Mb & restarted wampserver: bbPress installation then worked perfectly.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Resource Limits ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

memory_limit = 16M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

Many thanks for your very impressive software and excellent support :>)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar