Individualized Private Forum
Is there a way to modify the Private Forums plugin to allow me to grant accss only to specific users? The way I see it, it doesn’t need to be that difficult. The strategy would be:
A list (array or whatever) is added to the top of the plugin as follows:
$allowed_users_for_forum_1 = ‘username1, username2, username3′
$allowed_users_for_forum_2 = ‘username1, username2, username3′
1) If a forum is not marked private, the forum is shown (just like the original plugin does now).
2) If a forum is marked private, before it is shown, a check is made against the above list.
– If there is no listing for that forum_id, then anyone registered could see it (Just like the original plugin does now).
– If there is a listing, the forum is only shown if the user is amongst the users listed for that forum_id.
This would be a useful solution until a roles-based forum access functionality comes around.
I tried messing with this myself, but think it is a bit out of my league right now (though I am trying to learn). Is there someone out there who could swing this?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.