Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

including new themes in the bb-templates

• guarda-faro

@guarda-faro

Into the bb-templates directory the readme.txt says: “This directory is reserved for themes distributed with the bbPress core package. If you wish to install more themes, you should create a new directory called “my-templates” in the base directory of your bbPress installation and install them there, not here.”

I did it, but did not work. It works only if I put the new themes into the same bb-templates directory. Wich is the right way?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It is correct to put them in a folder called my-templates, at the same level as bb-templates, and be sure the directory has 755 permissions.

guarda-faro

@guarda-faro

Ok. The permission was in 750. I changed it to 755 and now it is working OK. Thanks chrishajer.

tdfahrney

@tdfahrney

Another problem I noticed was that the actual theme files were inside the main directory. Once I transferred only that directory all is well.

how do you change the permissions?

I have done all of the above, but the theme still doesn’t show up in the cPanel..

Just find it odd because yesterday I was able to change the theme without a problem via upload and “Appearance” change theme.

Any ideas?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar