Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Import phpBB posts into bbPress?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Not yet, from what I can gather. But hopefully someone will work on an importer script soon.

You might want to follow this thread maybe? ;)

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/3?replies=6

spencerp

lingmiester

@lingmiester

Watch out! I think this script by jaim3 sends all your emails to spammers!

I have looked over the code of this plugin and it doesn’t send your email to spammers. Jaim3 even put this in the code:

// DISCLAIMER: This is a joke
    echo "<li><h3>Sending all your database e-mails to all major world-wide spam sending mafias...</h3></li>";

If someone else wants to look to confirm, but it does what it is intended to as far as I am concerned.

Trent

lingmiester

@lingmiester

PHEW! I’m so sorry. I so nieve with such things. Thanks for the check thru.

Does anybody know if this script is supposed to work with the latest release of bbpress (.8)? I ran into some problems importing some of the tables.

Thanks, Len

That is a good question. I have yet to test it on the most recent version of bbPress. I guess if nothing else you can run it on an install of 0.74 and get it working and then upgrade bbPress to 0.8 afterwards if nothing else. What were the errors?

Trent

Trent –

I’ll post the errors when I get home tonight. I think that it probably had to do with changes in the database, if I remember correctly I think it was with the “topic resolved” field?

Len

The support forum functions were removed with 0.8 and so10 placed these functions into a plugin. I am sure there is only a few small changes that will not take very long.

Trent

Yes, I encountered this problem last night. I had to manually add the topic_resolved field to the bb_topics table then it worked fine.

other than that – superb script – worked a treat – thanks very much!!

ebo

I read through all this here are my errors:

1.Connected to the phpBB database host
    2.Selected the phpBB database
    3.Exporting forums...
    4.Exporting users...
    5.Exporting user metadata...

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/singer/public_html/phpbb2bbpress.php on line 920

6.Exporting topics...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 33030274 bytes) in /home/singer/public_html/phpbb2bbpress.php on line 373

How do I increase my allowed memory? That should resolve # 6

What supplied argument is invalid??

I appreciate the assistance.

I got the memory increased – php.ini

BTW – On a single site you can create / edit .htaccess and add

php_value memory_limit 64M (or whatever)

Still having trouble with the supplied argument?

915     function phpbb_username($id) {
    916 global $phpbb_tables;
    917 $sql = "SELECT username FROM " . $phpbb_tables['users'] . " WHERE user_id=$id";
    918 $result = mysql_query($sql);
    919 if ($row = mysql_fetch_object($result)){
    920 return $row->username;
    921 } else {
    922 return false;
    923 }
    924 }

What am I missing??

Myphone Duo

@myphone-duo

I have an old phpbb forum till i found the flexibility of bbpress. I ever wanted to transfer my phpbb database to bbpress but i’m always no luck and really findit hard to do. Or is it me because i’m new into programming.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar