Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I ve been locked out the admin module

• After I set up the db settings in bb-config.php the forum works like a breeze.

The only trouble is I cannot access the admin module of bbPress.

Any attempt to access /bb-admin/ files redirects me to /bb-press/ directory via my browser.

MANY thanks for any help, I ve been really stuck here..

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

With bbPress you don’t access bb-admin directly. You log in with your keymaster account, and next to your name, if you are truly a keymaster (or someone with admin capabilities) you have a link to Admin. Click that and you are in the bbPress admin. If you don’t have that link, then the account you logged in with is no the keymaster account.

What version of bbPress are you talking about, and are the logins integrated with WordPress?

Yes, you need to login with a account which has rights to access admin panel to access it.

If you have lost it, then you can fix it in PhpMyAdmin, open table “wp_usermeta” or “bb_usermeta” or whatever your case may be. Change the value of “bb_capabilities” (as per your table prefix) to “a:1:{s:9:”keymaster”;b:1;}” of your user.

Did you integrate with WordPress? If so, this plugin can help restore keymaster access after an integration:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/fix-admin-access/

Good luck!

theparallaxview

@theparallaxview

I’ve had exactly the same issues and the PhpMyAdmin fix didn’t work. Will try again.

ashfame I entered the value a:1:{s:9:”keymaster”;b:1;}

on my user meta but got no additional privileges

my bad, ashfame’s solution is correct! thanks a lot!

@grmedsite

Happy to help. Also change the topic status to “resolved” once the problem is solved. Thanks :)

I only have one user on the site: the Admin and somehow I locked myself out.

The solution above doesn’t seem to work for me because the strin a:1:{s:9:"keymaster";b:1;} is alreadt inserted in that field…

any other ideas how to gain acces back to my bbpress install?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Try a different browser or clear the cookies in your current browser.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar