Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I fail to write the login form CSS

• Hello,

I have a little CSS problem

I’m integrating BBpress with my weblog that uses Revolution blog theme.

The url is http://luc.saint-elie.com/bbpress

Its a WP 2.6 install with BBpress 1.0 alpha

BBPress theme is based on the default kakumei

I fail to put the login div right above BBPress breadcrumb menu (right under my header)

If anyone with CSS knowledge (that I don’t have) has a little idea, I would be very happy

Thanks in advance

Luc

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Hello Chris

yes I noticed, but I use the free version revolution blog that is slightly different (I don’t like the classical forum look of the revolution BBpress theme, I love Kakumei discussion look) and I try to keep Kakumei look with just my blog specific header and footer

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

The login form is so low because you specified position bottom -200px and that means for it’s parent element.

.login {
    position: absolute;
    bottom: -200px;

If you wanted it 200px from the bottom of the header, that means either the header is not being closed properly or the header needs a position:relative;

#header {position:relative;}

or you could just change it to position from the top:

.login {
    position: absolute;
    top: 20px;

I am also concerned that it takes nearly half a minute for a page to completely load on your site.

Thanks a lot _ck_ !

For the time to display I suppose this comes from a problem between my hosting company (in Europe) and the US because either from home or from my office, display of page is quite instantaneous

Thanks again !

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

It must be the overseas hop. Your connect time is blistering fast in Europe. But the download time not so much.

Vancouver (CA) Resolve time: 169 ms Connect time: 168 ms Download time: 1681 ms

Amsterdam (NL) Resolve time: 10 ms Connect time: 10 ms Download time: 1747 ms

Krakow (PL) Resolve time: 79 ms Connect time: 40 ms Download time: 699 ms

New York (US) Resolve time: 108 ms Connect time: 109 ms Download time: 1430 ms

Haifa (IL) Resolve time: 91 ms Connect time: 95 ms Download time: 1063 ms

London (GB) Resolve time: 11 ms Connect time: 17 ms Download time: 566 ms

Cologne (DE) Resolve time: 22 ms Connect time: 14 ms Download time: 1325 ms

Amsterdam (NL) Resolve time: 11 ms Connect time: 10 ms Download time: 634 ms

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar