Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to reinstall from group-forum to site-wide-forum

• Alexander
    Participant

@ashenkargmailcom

I’m using BuddyPress on a MU environment.

Originally I installed forum in a per group mode. I found the topic organization to be confusing in the group mode, and so now I would like to reinstall the forum with the site-wide option. How do I do this?

I’ve tried to use the graphic interface to uninstall groups and install sitewide – but that didnt work, the group forum would continued to get re-enabled.

So here is what I’ve done so far:

1) I’ve deleted from the database all the tables related to the bbpress.
    2) I’ve deleted the bb-config from the root.
    3) I’ve edited the group-metadata and group tables to remove references to forum.
    4) I’ve deleted the bbpress plugin from the file system.
    5) I’ve edited the Settings/Forums to not use groups.

So now after trying to purge all remnants of the forum and then trying to reinstall it – I no longer have a functional forum.

In BuddyPres/Forums, I see the button that says “install site-wide forum” but when I click on it I see a message that the latest version is already installed.

When I try to view my forum, I get a blank page:

http://bhaktiwriters.staging.wpengine.com/forums/forum/bhakti-writers-forum/

When I try to view a new topic, I get the following error:

http://bhaktiwriters.staging.wpengine.com/forums/topic/test-topic/

“Fatal error: Call to undefined function bb_get_id_from_slug() in /nas/wp/www/staging/bhaktiwriters/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bp-forums-functions.php on line 137″

I’m playing with this on a staging site, so I can demolish everything and start from the point of a working group-forum.

So, any idea how I can convert from group-forum to site-wide-forum? I don’t care about loosing data.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar