Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to move a post to a different forum?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You can move a topic to another forum, but you can’t move a post between forums as far as I know (at least not with some built-in automatic tools.) In the past I’ve manually moved posts between topics as admin, then gone in and modified the last poster and poster id. It’s too much work, IMO. Just ask the original poster to create a new post then delete the original.

> Just ask the original poster to create a new post then delete the original.

:(

Is there a possibility to add in a new release similar feature?

Fabrizio

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Really, it’s not that big a deal. It’s your forum, you can do what you want with it. Train your members now so you have less to worry about in the future.

I would just post a message after their post and tell them to post their reply in the correct place. After that, delete the errant posts, including yours. I don’t think it’s a big deal.

Regarding adding the feature to a future release, this ticket is from 3 years ago:

https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/584

You are right but I want to make you a similar example.

I have few WP sites of press releases with more thant 500 users each.

I’ve tried to explain then how to obtimize a post but after year the major number of users don’t select a category!

I think I’ll have the same problem with the forum. The major number of users will not select a forum or the correct forum.

With WP it’s simple to change category.

Thanks

Fabrizio

pivari, to correct your example, what you’re asking be done is akin to ‘Bob posted a COMMENT in the wrong WP post. How do I move that?’

If a whole topic, the whole post, is in the wrong cat, just move it. If the REPLY is in the wrong POST, though, you can’t split that.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar