Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to make a menu like the one on this site?

• Hi,

I am running bbpress and created 2 pages using the header, footer and css from bbpress. The pages are called:

Blog.php

Downloads.php

Now I want a menu in my header just like the one on this site (see top of this page). How do I create one like this??

Pref I want the menu in the header aligned right, just below the bbpress logo image in this order:

Blog | Forums | Downloads.

I had no luck trying myself…

Thx

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• ardentfrost

@ardentfrost

did you try putting it in it’s own div and absolutely placing it?

About the placing, where ever i placed it in the header it never turned out right. Sec I dont know how to build sugh a menu like this, i am a compleet retar…. noob :)

ardentfrost

@ardentfrost

If you make it a div, it doesn’t matter where you put it as long as it’s in the body. Then go to the css file and place it absolutely x pixels down from the top (whatever x needs to be to make it look good).

Need more help, still cant get this. Cant get the menu it self working either (tried copying the code fromt this site and css, but it wont work).

Thx

Got a bit further, this is my menu code now:

<div id="navigation">

<ul id="menu">

<!-- To show "current" on the home page -->

<li<?php

if ( is_front())

{

echo " id="current">";

?>

<a href="about.php">About</a>

<?php

}

?></li>

<!-- To show "current" on the forum page -->

<li<?php

if ( is_front())

{

echo " id="current">";

?>

<a href="<?php option('uri'); ?>">Forums</a>

<?php

}

?></li>

</ul>

</div>

I know with if ( is_front()) i determine that I am on the front-page, but how to call my About page? It’s called about.php.

Sec when I am on the front page the Forums button is highlighted, but as soon as i go read a topic, the whole menu disappears. Why is that? the menu should stay and the forums button highlighted (cause I am still in tjhe forum)

Some help plz

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar