Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to load the header of my theme?

• Hi all,

I am running wpmu, buddypress along with bbpress. After deep intergration, Everything works well, except that the theme in my forum doesn’t look the way I want. I want it look like my own theme I use for buddypress, with the header, navi and footer. The Rest can still be adjusted with css, that’s not the big deal, I’d use the default bbpress theme as a base to do that.

I have tried ThemePresss, but it would mess up everything, not show the buddybar and the link to the forums. Is there any other way to make my forums look the way I want?

Thnx in advance,

pxlgirl.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I am not certain, but I imagine you will need to modify the bbpress and WordPress templates to match the BuddyPress theme.

I guessed I’ll have to do that, but I have no idea which files I need to edit. The bbpress header file looks so much different from the wp file. It works somehow on the buddypress page. I want the same for me ;)

Another option might be, that I just work on the existing bbpress theme and try to adjust the design as good as possible. I’d be happy to be able to load my buddypress navigation at least, the rest can be done with using the local css files. Other good ideas are welcome.

pxlgirl.

Update:

I’ve been moving around some function calls and css attributes, things almost work except 3 things:

1. The navigation shows “members” as selected page, not the forums. How can I solve that? To implement the forum link on bbpress, I’ve created a file called pb_nav.php and put it in my mu-plugins/ dir. This won’t work on bbpress for whatever reason

2. When viewing a topic, I got some admin options at the bottom, such as “Delete topic”, “Unstick topic” etc. All these options are put in “[…]” which looks awful. I have no idea what in what file I can remove them.

3. I’d also like to change the “welcome <username> | Admin | log out” part by removing the username part, where is that declared?

I’d be happy if someone would help me out here, I’m almost getting to there…

pxlgirl.

Look in your template directory, logged-in.php.

Problem #3 is solved, only #1 and #2 remaining… Ideas anyone?

pxlgirl.

Sorry, Pixelgirl, I just scanned this thread earlier and didn’t see your first two issues. Those admin options are called in your template’s view topic.php.

I’m not sure I understand what your first problem is.

Problem 1: Might be a problem with cookies. The members link on the navi appears as selected, although I’m not on the members page, but the forums, which is not selected at all. Here’s a part of my header.php of the bb theme template:

<?php if ( function_exists( 'bp_blogs_install' ) ) { ?>
    <li<?php if ( bp_is_page( BP_BLOGS_SLUG ) ) {?> class="selected"<?php } ?>><a href="<?php echo get_option('home') ?>/<?php echo BP_BLOGS_SLUG ?>" title="<?php _e( 'Blogs', 'buddypress' ) ?>"><?php _e( 'Blogs', 'buddypress' ) ?></a></li>
    <?php } ?>

<li<?php if ( bp_is_page( 'forums' ) ) {?> class="selected"<?php } ?>><a href="/bbpress/" title="Forums">Forums</a></li>'

I used the default template and moved some code around.

Problem 2: I think a pic says more than a 1000 words here: http://yfrog.com/56screen1opj I want to get rid of those “[]” and I have no idea in which file to do that.

pxlgirl.

pixelgirl #1, I wrote a similar question but a user told me; if it’s deep integration then there is no difference between bbpress and wp

I had to just write <a href=" it out without generating it, just plain html. and put the class=”selected” in the BB header. Since the header is not use for anything other than Forum it will always be selected, if that makes sense.

#2, sorry I know it’s <?php bb_topic_admin(); ?> but exactly where it pulls it from beats me.

#2: Good idea with the nav, resolved this one, thanx! :) I only need to know where bb_topic_admin(); leads to…

#1: This is not supposed to happen, unless my integration went wrong, but that is a different topic.

Again, thanx for your help guys! :D

pxlgirl.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar