Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to insert the Fancy Editor manually?

• I’m using a WordPress theme that comes together with a bbPress theme, and it obviously doesn’t support the new bbPress version, so the Fancy Editor doesn’t show up at all when I activate it. How can I insert it manually?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bump.. Anyone?

I am very green but have the same issue, my theme doesn’t use the fancy editor for forum posts and replies. That said, I found that the form-reply.php and the form-topic.php files in my theme’s bbpress folder affects those pages. I backed them up then deleted them from my theme’s bbpress folder and (I assume) the form-reply.php and form-topic.php files from the default bbpress theme took over and I got back the fancy editor.

Using the default bbpress theme’s form-reply.php file as the example: open the file and look for the section that starts with the following lines:

if ( !function_exists( ‘wp_editor’ ) ) : ?>

(note: I had to put a space between the “< " and the "?" in that first line so that the code would show here, so if you want to search with it, remove that space)

The section ends with:
    (again, I put a space between the “<" and the "?")

I restored my theme's files and bumbled my way through adding the lines. On my first go at it I ended up with both the fancy and my theme's editors on the same page! LMFAO!! Haven't played with it anymore as yet so you'll have to see what you can do with it.

Oops! Looks like this editor removed the lines since they’re code but if you search on “wp_editor” within the files, you should find the section.

Deleting the form-reply.php and form-topic.php files worked perfectly. Thank you very much fitninja!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar