Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to get users to be able to post in forums

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I used that one :) sorry about that i think it has something to do with the user roles maybe im not really sure

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You’ve stumbled onto one of the great mysteries of bbPress and WordPress working together: integration. It’s a work in progress.

i wouldent think it would be that hard to fix i mean admins can post wouldent that be a simple config error or something… Sooo theres no way to fix this at all?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Isn’t this what the role mapping in the bbPress Admin panel WordPress Integration page is for? It should map the existing users as you specify according to their preexisting WordPress roles.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Is your only issue that people who are already registered on the website cannot post in the forum? The forum does not know they’re a member and are already logged in?

No it knows there a member it just wont let them post anything on any of the forums. And yes thats what the role mapping area is for but do i really have to give all my members admin ??? so they can post?

What is your role mapping set to right now?

Mine are this:

WP Admin -> BB Keymaster

WP Editor -> BB Moderator

WP Author -> BB Member

WP Contributor -> BB Member

WP Subscriber -> BB Member

lol i think im gonna give up on bbpress my admin worked yesterday now it wont lol and i havent even been on my site… LOL this is really annoying BAAAAAH

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Your users do not need to be admin to post in your forums. I created an account in the forums and was able to make a test post. Take a look at the permissions I have there. I did not create an account on the website, just the forums.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar