Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to change all table name to upper case ?

• christopherh

@christopherh

Hi all,

During installation all tables are created and these table names are in lowercase. Does anyone know which file I have to change so that all tables are created in uppercase ? I cannot change the MySQL setting (igonre case sensitivity) since it is set by the hosting company.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

/bbpress/bb-admin/includes/defaults.bb-schema.php

is where the table names are all set. But changing the names there is only going to change the name of the tables that are created. You would need to change every reference to a table to this new uppercase name. I can’t imagine how difficult that would be or what would happen with any plugin you install or what happens when it’s time for an upgrade.

What host is this that changes the table names (not the database name) to uppercase? I’ve never heard of such a thing. Is there a page on their site or an email from support describing their policy?

It’s ok to have a database name in uppercase, since you only reference that once, but tables names being restricted to uppercase sounds like a very strange thing to me.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar