Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to Add List of Topics With Page Numbers on Forum Homepage?

• theurbantwist

@theurbantwist

I think I finally figured this whole bbpress thing out somewhat…finally!

I just need a little help from the community here to add one last thing.

My forum can be viewed here:

http://www.theurbantwist.com/community

Nevermind the “Company Man Comic” banner that’s there now…it’s just a place holder til I get a banner designed strictly for this forum.

I’m used the bbpress plugin and the default bbp-twentyten theme that came with it…nothing fancy. I just updated some of the css code that would apply to make some of the tables fit.

My main question is how could I go about adding a “Recent Topics” list on the front page of forum as seen on this site?

Open Forums

It looks they’re using the same default theme that I am.

Just curious as to how I would list Recent Topics beneath my forum list on the front page. Like what theme files would I have to edit and such.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

The guys at WPCandy either used Shortcodes or a custom template to pull that off.

If you’re going to link to your site here for help, please remove the Facebook pop up. Waiting 30 seconds to see it was really frustrating.

theurbantwist

@theurbantwist

Sorry about the popup…forgot I had activated that plugin. Was testing a few things out and left it up because I needed someone to test my code for me. Once he tests the code out with plugin activated, I will change settings so that it doesn’t pop up for quite that long and also you should’ve been able to click away to close. I may have to make that more clearer to other visitors.

Thanks again for that…

But back to the topic. Do you know what template files would have to be edited in the bbp-twentyten theme for me to play around with it to try to get it that way?

I’ve been trying to figure out what file needs to be edited and can’t seem to find it.

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar