Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help with installation?

• Hi there.

I am trying to install bbPress on my WordPress website, but I’m not quite sure what I am doing. I downloaded the .zip, uploaded it onto my server, but I’m not sure where to place it to get the desired effect or how to even start the install prompt.

I want to make the forum appear at this address, a page created with WordPress:

http://www.swtortcg.com/forums/

Thanks so much to anyone can help!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Addie25

@addie25

Does anyone knows how to install this? Have the exact same question as irisma. Please? Uploaded files via FTP and now what?

Thanks!

Addie25

@addie25

Does anyone knows how to install this? Have the exact same question as irisma. Please? Uploaded files via FTP and now what?

Thanks!

yogeshb

@yogeshb

Firstly,

1. You Put folder “bbpress” on root (as there is “wp-admin”).

2 In case of localhost, As there is wordpress is in folder name “wordpress”

3. we run such link in browser http://localhost/wordpress/bbpress/

4. bbpress required installation

5. this asked 3 step to complete installation

6. Follow given instruction…

yogeshb

@yogeshb

Firstly,

1. You Put folder “bbpress” on root (as there is “wp-admin”).

2 In case of localhost, As there is wordpress is in folder name “wordpress”

3. we run such link in browser http://localhost/wordpress/bbpress/

4. bbpress required installation

5. this asked 3 step to complete installation

6. Follow given instruction…

Thewayx

@thewayx

Sorry I’newy

Thewayx

@thewayx

Sorry I’newy

campbellduke

@campbellduke

I am having a very hard time understanding the instructions. I have uploaded the unzipped bbpress files to the following folder:

campbellduke.com/sandbox/bbpress (sandbox.campbellduke.com – as it’s an addon domain).

When I go to sandbox.campbellduke.com/bbpress, it redirects correctly to the bb-admin/install, but the page gives the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/camp2909/public_html/sandbox/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/translations.php on line 139

If, on the other hand, I go to: sandbox.campbellduke.com/bb-admin I end up back in my wordpress dashboard.

Help!

Beth

campbellduke

@campbellduke

I am having a very hard time understanding the instructions. I have uploaded the unzipped bbpress files to the following folder:

campbellduke.com/sandbox/bbpress (sandbox.campbellduke.com – as it’s an addon domain).

When I go to sandbox.campbellduke.com/bbpress, it redirects correctly to the bb-admin/install, but the page gives the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/camp2909/public_html/sandbox/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/pomo/translations.php on line 139

If, on the other hand, I go to: sandbox.campbellduke.com/bb-admin I end up back in my wordpress dashboard.

Help!

Beth

campbellduke

@campbellduke

Here is line 139 of said file:

return (

I haven’t done a lot of coding since a Pascal class in the late ’80s, but this line looks like it’s missing something – like whatever is supposed to be returned.

campbellduke

@campbellduke

Here is line 139 of said file:

return (

I haven’t done a lot of coding since a Pascal class in the late ’80s, but this line looks like it’s missing something – like whatever is supposed to be returned.

campbellduke

@campbellduke

Yowzers – half the file was missing. I’m in to the installer!

b.

campbellduke

@campbellduke

Yowzers – half the file was missing. I’m in to the installer!

b.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar