Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Google Analytics for bbPress

• Google Analytics at http://boakes.org/software/

Rename the file googleanalytics.php and copy it to your /wp-content/plugins directory.

Enable it on the plugins page.

Enter your Google Analytics User Account string (it’ll be something like UA-12345-6. It appears when you “Add a channel”)

Apparently, you have to signup with Google and receive a User Account string.

Google Analytics is free to all advertisers, publishers, and site owners.

Does this free apply to Discussion forums?

Does anyone have an opinion on Google Analytics or another forum statistics plugin?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any web host can use a slew of stats programs. They are all web based and work well like sitemeter, awestats, webalizer, etc. As well, you just need to add your Google Analytics code off their site to your header.php and your bbPress forum is listed. You don’t need any special software. Just add the script they give you when you signup to your header.php file of your template.

Trent

Not working for me with bbpress 0.9.0.2.

I’ve installed in my-plugins foolder, I can activate in plugins administration but I can’t see the analytics configuration page.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You don’t really need a plugin to install Google Analytics in your bbPress forum. Just paste the code from Google Analytics right before the closing </body> tag in your theme’s footer.php. No plugin required. I never understood the need for Analytics plugins for WordPress either. Editing a template file is pretty basic.

if you edit the php file, you can manually specify your code where you see ‘##-#######-#’

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar