Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Google Adsense

• ry4nanderson

@ry4nanderson

Hello-

I’d like to add some Adsense ads in either my header or below the the forum listing on the main page. Pasting Google’s code in the header doesn’t seem to play nicely. Any ideas? Sample syntax, perhaps, from those who have already done it?

Thanks!

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I’d advise against using header.php, because your header is also shown on non-content pages such as 404’s; something which is disallowed in the adsense T’s and C’s.

I did it by writing a small plugin, which you’re welcome to. Just create a my-plugins folder within your bbpress root folder, paste the text below into the file and save it as bbpress-adsense.php, upload it to your server and an advert will appear on every topic.

From there on you have the basics for changing the advert to whatever you prefer.

<?php

/*

Plugin Name: Simple bbPress Adsense

Plugin URI: http://boakes.org/talk/tags/bbpress-adsense

Description: An plugin that includes an adsense advert just above the content on the topic page.

Author: Rich Boakes

Version: 0.1

Author URI: http://boakes.org

License: GPL

*/

class bb_adsense {

function wide_advert() {

?>

<div class="bbpress-adsense" style="text-align:center;">

<!-- Paste your advert below this line -->

<script type="text/javascript"><!--

google_ad_client = "pub-9050338238897291";

google_ad_width = 728;

google_ad_height = 90;

google_ad_format = "728x90_as";

google_ad_type = "text_image";

google_ad_channel = "5984252204";

google_color_border = "FFFFFF";

google_color_bg = "EEEEEE";

google_color_link = "990000";

google_color_text = "333333";

google_color_url = "999999";

//--></script>

<script type="text/javascript"

src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">

</script>

<!-- Paste your advert above this line -->

</div>

<?php

} // function wide_advert

} // class bb_adsense

// adds the footer so the javascript is loaded

add_action('under_title', array('bb_adsense','wide_advert'));

?>

I like this, but I want my adds to show AFTER each first post.

So like:

google adsence

First reply: do like this bla bla

Sec reply: or like bla bla

Etc

How to do that?

And is there also a page to maintain your adsence? Like how many click etc in the admin area?

Greetz

Hi Null, to do that you need to change your template a bit and create a new hook, which is dead easy, and a testament to the flexibility of the event model that underpins both WP&bb.

1. Copy topic.php from bb-templates into my-templates (you may need to create this folder).
    2. Find the for loop near line 29 – it will read something like this: <?php foreach ($posts as $bb_post) : $del_class = post_del_class(); ?>
    3. Immediately before it (outside the loop, but inside the <?php) add the line $need_to_show_ad=true;
    4. Then change the line <?php bb_post_template(); ?> to read <?php bb_post_template(); if ($need_to_show_ad) { do_action('showadvert'); $need_to_show_ad=false; } ?>
    5. Finally, change the action in the plugin so it fires on your newly created hook add_action('showadvert', array('bb_adsense','wide_advert'));

… and an admin page? Maybe when bbPress matures!

I almost understood that last part.

-edit-

oops! read it again and it made sense. thanks.

When i post, edit or delete somethin i get this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/disiern/public_html/enblogeo/foro/my-plugins/bbpress-adsense.php:39) in /home/disiern/public_html/enblogeo/foro/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 160

how can i solve this??

Hi Disier, did you make any other changes other than add the plugin as above? Do you have other plugins installed? Which hook did you use (i.e. what does your add_action line say)?

im using the latest version 0.75, and the only plugin the i have is allow image.

I uninstalled right now because when my friend register in my board and try to login we get that error and canĀ“t login i will delete allow image to see if that plugin is the one of the trouble

Sorry I fix it the problem was here:

a the end of the plugin

<?php

} // function wide_advert

} // class bb_adsense

// adds the footer so the javascript is loaded

add_action(‘showadvert’, array(‘bb_adsense’,’wide_advert’));

?>

in the last line was needing an space after array(‘bb_adsense’,’wide_advert’)); i dint give an space so the ?> was giving the problem thanks anyway

The add_action( ‘under_title’ .. ) part has me curious. Where does the ‘under_title’ come into play? I was trying to find it in my bbpress code. I want to add a wide 250×250 block for example under ‘Add this topic to your favorites’ on the left of the tags column.

http://www.grindhouse.com/forums/topic/26?replies=1

How can I accomplish this?

This plugin causes an error when I try to delete users. I get the following message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/jkuno/public_html/seattlecondoreport/forums/my-plugins/bbpress-adsense.php:43) in /home/jkuno/public_html/seattlecondoreport/forums/bb-includes/pluggable.php on line 168

Any ideas?

Look for blank lines or spaces before the starting <?php and after the ending ?> as they can cause that problem.

Can’t get the system working on my blog, other colors?

Inactive

I did everything from earigrey’s post and it does nothing. My main concern is since he asks for it to be put in my-template folder how is the software supposed to know that those files are there. So i just replaced the topic file in the template directory. How do i reference the adsense code so the page knows to look there?

Mark Barnes

@mark8barnes

hypotheekrente

@hypotheekrente

thanks @mark8barnes

It is indeed very nice, just tried it.

I’m a bit scared messing around with the adsense code.

webdesign-kapeljosie

@webdesign-kapeljosie

Mmm, i was looking for this plugin, but this one isn’t working anymore:

http://boakes.org/talk/tags/bbpress-adsense

adsense injection is a great plugin , when showing ads, its displaying “array” and ads

ie

array

google adsense ads

Thanks,

phani

xtremetoonz
    Participant

@xtremetoonz

Is it possible to do a membership model where a paying user can have no ads?

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar