Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Topic "Notify me…" checkbox not appearing.

• lamarant
    Participant

@lamarant

Hi,

I have a new installation of WP/Buddypress that I’ve installed and I have a question regarding Group Forums. For some reason I am not seeing the “Notify me of follow-up replies via e-mail” checkbox that should appear below the “tags” option as seen in these forums as well as here:

http://mercime.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/bp-forums-19.gif

Driving me nuts. Is there a way to turn this feature on? What am I missing?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

In the bbPress forum settings there is a setting ‘Subscriptions – Allow users to subscribe to topics’ and this should be checked to enable users to subscribe to topics.

lamarant
    Participant

@lamarant

No luck…that setting is already checked and still no checkbox shows up. I’m using the “Huddle” theme. Do you think this is theme related?

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Try switching to the ‘Twenty Eleven’ theme and see what happens.

jeffacubed
    Participant

@jeffacubed

Hi @lamarant,

This ‘anamoly’ nearly drover me bonkers, until I finally discovered the ‘BuddyPress Group Email Subscription’ (when activated) plugin lead to the ‘Subscribe’ & ‘“Notify me of follow-up replies via e-mail” button/links to disappearing in bbPress Topics. In my case I’m using BuddyPress 1.6.4 & bbPress 2.3 RC1 & WP 3.5.1

I’m not sure is this could be your issue, but it 100% was mine. I still need to dig-into the code to see what’s really causing the conflict, but (for-now) DE-activating the ‘BuddyPress Group Email Subscription’ does resolve this issue for me.

Hope that helps,

-Jeff

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar