Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Adopting Parent Theme

• mintertweed
    Participant

@mintertweed

‘Allo. I currently have an issue. I have a separate CSS document for each one of my pages. For my forum, I am using style-forum.css and it worked just fine. Then, I installed bbPress and reloaded my forum page. It seems to be pulling its styles from style.css rather than the aforementioned CSS document. I know I did it correctly because it was working just fine before I added bbPress as a plugin. But just to make sure, I deactivated bbPress and, sure enough, it began reading from style-forum.css again. How do I use bbPress with the correct CSS document? Thank you in advance!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• mintertweed
    Participant

@mintertweed

If someone could please help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Rename your CSS file from style-forum.css to bbpress.css in your themes root directory.

mintertweed
    Participant

@mintertweed

Nope. That did not do it. It reverts back to style.css rather than bbpress.css and I know this because the two styles are two completely separate colors. Also, I just realized something. I deactivated bbPress to see if I had coded style-forums.css correctly (now named bbpress.css) and when I reactivated bbPress, my forums have disappeared. So, I went to Forums > All Forums and it still shows them as being there, but they are not appearing on my Forums page like they were before. So, I guess I now have two problems.

Edit: And I just deleted bbPress and reinstalled it. The various forums still appear in Forums > All Forums, but they are not showing up on my Forums page. Sigh.

mintertweed
    Participant

@mintertweed

Okay, so I physically replaced bbpress.css located in bbpress/templates/default/css/ with the newly named style-forums.css and the styles are working fine. But I immediately replaced it with the original bbpress.css because my forums are still not appearing properly. So…first problem solved! Yay. Now, how do I make my forums appear once again? Thank you for your help thus far!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar