Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Find clear password (encoding)

• Hi everybody,

I will try to explain what i want with my bad english ^^

I would like to retieve password without email. I haven’t found how it is encode.

In class.passwordhash.php there is base64 encrypting and all passwords begin by ‘$P$’…

I tried without success.

Help please !

Thx.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

As far as I know, this is not possible in bbPress. It’s one way encrypted so it is difficult to reverse. bbPress will mail out a new password, or you can look at the hash in the database, but there’s no quick or easy way to unencrypt that, that I know of.

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

What you can do is use the MD5 function on a password and put it in the database. Then you can log in with the new password and bbPress will handle the hashing.

The passwords are difficult, if not impossible to decrypt so an attacker that gets access to your database won’t have everyone’s passwords.

The email retrieval of passwords just generates a new temporary password and sends it to the user. It can’t get the old password.

Yes i will try but i installed the instant password plugin so i know my password.

I wanted know if a guy found the solution to unencrypt passwords.

If i find i will post here.

edit :

Maybe it’s possible to change the method to encrypt…no ?

I saw a lot of functions in folders in bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/…anyone has an idea ?

Ok i found to change the encryting method.

In /bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/class.passwordhash.php :

function HashPassword($password) {

// Delete the previous code and put yours

}

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar