Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Errors during installation

• I have installed bbpress on my XAMPP Windows XP test server (which is hosting about 6 WordPress 2.92 test sites OK)

My environment:

Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1

During the actual install I got a series of PHP errors.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php on line 186

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressfunctions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpresspomomo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 1280

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-adminincludesclass.bb-install.php on line 390

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-core.php on line 110

The Installation appears to have worked as when I use phpMyAdmin, the database I set up for bbress is there, and the tables are populated – and if I check bb1_users my ‘key master’ user is there as imput (whatever a keymaster is) other than ‘admin’.

The BBPress is ‘there’, but when I try to logon I get a cascade of PHP failures.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php on line 186

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressfunctions.wp-object-cache.php on line 108

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpresspomomo.php on line 171

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-l10n.php on line 484

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-taxonomy.php on line 581

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-auth.php on line 273

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesbackpressclass.wp-auth.php on line 273

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-settings.php:186) in C:xampphtdocsbbpressbb-includesfunctions.bb-pluggable.php on line 232

I have tried in several browsers.

URL: http://bravo.newnetenterprises.com/bbpress/

It looks like the call in Line 186 is the culprit, but I am not a PHP expert.

:-

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

bb-load.php line 25:

error_reporting( E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED ^ E_NOTICE);

kevinjohngallagher

@kevinjohngallagher

Try installing php 5.2 and not 5.3

bbpress causes errors in 5.3, though they’re warnings rather than errors.

Check if you still get errors with php5.2.9

Thanks zaerl, that did the trick…

It fixed the other issue as well, by my slightly informed guess being that the errors being pushed were killing the page build.

anyway, all’s well that gets a fix and my necessary PHP education continues.

Kevin, thanks but… “I don’t think so”, LOL.

;-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar